Board Care Instructions
Serving and cutting boards are heirlooms that can last generations if cared for properly. Please consider the following when caring for your boards:
- Put me in the dishwasher or submerge/soak me in water. The heat and excess water could make me warp.
- Set hot dishes on me. I'm not a trivet! Prolonged exposure to heat could cause me damage.
- Use bleach on me. It can stain me and cause excessive dryness.
- Wash me by hand with a sponge/wash cloth and mild dish detergent.
- Dry me with a towel immediately, and set me up on my end or side to air dry overnight. Letting me dry flat can cause uneven drying, which could cause me to warp!
- You can sanitize me with white vinegar or lemon if needed. Make sure I am dried as per the instructions above if you do.
- Apply board butter to me as needed. If I look dry, just buff some in with a towel, let it sit for about 30 minutes, then buff it back off in a circular motion.